The Coronavirus pandemic quickly disrupted our daily lives. In addition to worrying about our family and friends, we have also had to adopt new routines and strategies to adapt to a new normal. For many people, this affects our health, finances, and other resources such as childcare and nutrition.
As a way to support our community, Dr. Kehoe is available for telemedicine appointments and will help you build resilience in these turbulent times. Our nervous systems are under attack, and Dr. Kehoe will discuss ways to alleviate some of these physical sensations and emotions
Some of the topics may include:
- Gain a basic understanding of the nervous system.
- Review the stress response and how it impacts immune function.
- How conditioned behavioral responses are hard-wired over time.
- How the ‘alarm system’ in our brain shuts down our ability to make rational decisions.
- The role of safety and ‘rewiring’ our nervous system.
In addition, Dr. Kehoe will provide suggestions and tools to support each unique person during this time that they can also utilize going forward. While there are many resources available online, this dedicated time will offer one-on-one support focusing on areas such as functional breathing, guided meditations, progressive muscle relaxation, or even Yin Yoga strategies.
To schedule your appointment with Dr. Kehoe, please contact our office at (650) 485-2758. You can also schedule directly via Mindbody Online.