Dr. Tediana Torrens is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor who treats families of all ages. After receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacology from the University of California Santa Barbara, Dr. Torrens earned a Naturopathic Doctorate Degree from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) in Portland, OR. During medical education, Dr. Torrens worked with a diverse population, treating and managing a variety of health conditions in both children and adults – from newborns to the elderly
Approach to Medicine:
Embracing a holistic approach, Dr. Torrens considers the entire person when managing health needs, recognizing the complexity and interconnectedness of the body. Passionate about the brain-gut-hormone axis, she focuses on how all hormones in the body interact, helping patients find balance in mood, sleep, energy, digestion, and hormones.
Dr. Torrens firmly believes that investing in one’s health doesn’t require being unwell. Optimizing health can reduce the risk of future disease, saving time, money, and energy. She encourages individuals to break free from the “normal” they’ve grown accustomed to and discover a healthier, more vibrant life.
Dr. Torrens creates highly individualized and unique treatment plans for each patient. These modalities include herbal medicine, food and lifestyle modification, clinical nutrition, homeopathy, biotherapeutic drainage, bioidentical hormone replacement, and injection therapies. Dr. Torrens is also well-versed in pharmaceutical medications, including safe tapering when desired and appropriate. Collaborating with patients, the focus is on finding the best treatment that aligns with the patient’s preferences and needs.
Summary of Clinical Specialties:
- Endocrinology: hypothyroidism, diabetes/insulin resistance, adrenal dysfunction
- GI: IBS, IBD, SIBO, gas/bloating, constipation/diarrhea, GERD, visceral manipulation
- Women’s Health: PMS, PMDD, irregular or heavy periods, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids
- Pediatrics: Wellness checks, digestion, skin conditions, acute illnesses such as ear infections
- Mental health: anxiety, depression, stress, burnout, insomnia
- Pain management: PIT (perineural injection therapy)
- Nutrient deficiencies: IV Iron Therapy
- Wellness/Longevity: nutrition, supplement and lifestyle optimization
Outside of the Clinic
In leisure time, Dr. Torrens enjoys exploring new and exciting places through rock climbing, indulging in watercolor painting, accumulating books at a pace that outpaces reading, creating extravagant culinary delights, learning to play the guitar, and relaxing with two cherished feline companions.
– Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, National University of Natural Medicine
– BS in Pharmacology, University of California Santa Barbara
– American Association of Naturopathic Medicine
– California Board of Naturopathic Medicine
– Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine